Thursday, July 14, 2011

Redining room table

Before:Post sanding:


Wowza.

Probably my favorite project to date. Here's why I love it so:
1. It's about 95 degrees on average - so when I say I put my sweat into this thing...literally, a lot of my sweat dropped on this table during cleaning/sanding/staining (gross? yes. However, being a soccer player, I'm no stranger to the sweat gland)
2. When you look up close, you can see where I over sanded or undersanded and it makes it look subtly aged. Well, it is old...you get the point.
3. I only paid $25 for it on Craig's List. Actually, I think I over paid, but it was listed for $30 and I said "well, I'll have to do this and that" and asked him to take 25. I sincerely felt like Mike and Frank - a True American Picker.
4.  I found stain that matches EXACTLY to the Tobacco X-back chairs that I got at Target.

No comments:

Post a Comment